If you haven’t baked with crème fraîche before, it’s a deliciously tangy European style cultured sour cream with a thick, velvety texture that’ll give your baking a special touch!
- 200 grams of Tatua Crème Fraiche
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups of brown rice flour (or all-purpose white flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mixed frozen berries – in this recipe we’ve used blueberries and raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line your loaf tin with baking paper.
- Then in your mixer, combine the Tatua crème fraîche and eggs until creamy in texture.
- Add in the vanilla essence and cinnamon.
- Slowly while mixing, add the caster sugar, flour and lastly your baking powder.
- Continue mixing ingredients till you reach a smooth but sticky batter (if your batter is too thick, add a dash of milk to thin it out).
- Now, pour the batter into your loaf tin.
- Sprinkle your berries over the batter then poke them into the loaf
- Place your cake into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Once ready, when your testing skewer comes out clean and the top of the loaf is golden, remove from the oven and leave loaf to cool on a rack before slicing.
- Serve with a dollop of Tatua crème fraiche on the side and enjoy!
This loaf lasts well in the freezer, so you can pull it out by the slice when you feel like it!