Roses are red, violets are blue….Wednesday is Valentines, so what are you going to do? If you’re not quite sure – below is an easy recipe for a home-made chocolate bark infused with love, to share with your significant other this Valentine’s Day ❤
• 200g chocolate (we used Whittaker’s Dark Ghana 72%)
• ¼ C Fresh As◦ Freeze Dried sliced blueberries
• 1 tsp. Fresh As◦ Freeze Dried plum powder
• ½ C Fresh As◦ Freeze Dried plum slices
• ¼ C Sliced almonds
- Prepare a baking tray (that can fit inside your refrigerator) by lining it with non-stick baking paper.
- Break your favourite block of chocolate up into smaller pieces and place in a heat proof bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and place the bowl of chocolate on top of the pot (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water – the steam should rise up and melt the chocolate. This set-up is called a double-boiler).
- Stir the chocolate continuously until it is melted smooth.
- Pour your melted chocolate onto the lined tray and spread it out with a spatula so it is approximately 0.5cm – 1cm in thickness.
- Sprinkle your sliced almonds, Fresh As◦ blueberries and plum slices over the melted chocolate, with a hint of extra love and care (e.g. you could even spell out the first letter of their name or draw a heart, so that when it’s broken up it becomes a puzzle – just to be really cute).
- Using a fine sieve to avoid lumps, sieve the Fresh As◦ plum powder over the chocolate.
- Place the tray into your refrigerator to set, which will take about 1 hour.
Once set, remove from the refrigerator* and break chocolate slab into pieces of bark.
You can also mix-up the toppings – dried rose petals, candied orange or other nuts are a good option too.
Now package the bark in a brown paper box or bag, and share it with your love!
The Hadlow Girls Xx
*We recommend storing your chocolate bark in the refrigerator, especially in summer